Monday, December 11, 2017

Map Relief Assignment

Map Relief 

"Out of My Mind"

Materials: Foam Board, Masking Tape, Black and White Paints, Balsa Wood




     This map was designed to represent mental illness, specifically, depression. For one who is suffering from depression, the mind can act like a maze with many obstacles or mountains. I wanted to use black because it is void and the darkness can create a confusing, sad effect within the maze, contrasting the white above. The white paint, which is easier to navigate and therefore to find the exit, would not be visible from within the maze itself, representing that mental illness may be easy to navigate from an outside perspective, but not from within. The white also acts as a guide, a map to the way out. 




Process Photos:






Inspirations:

Louise Nevelson


Howard Hersch



Serene Ng



No comments:

Post a Comment

3D to 2D Assignment

"In Bloom" 3D mask converted into 2D Collage        For my 3D to 2D project, I took my favorite photo of my mas...