Monday, December 11, 2017

Memento Assignment

Memento: Leave the Nest 



Materials: Metal Wire, Glass, Cloth

      constructed this memento as a reminder of the first time I left home to attend Berry College in 2015. Leaving home was a scary, yet relieving time for me as my home life was not always very stable. I used wire to construct the nest because, though it is secure, it can be cold and sharp, almost representative of prison bars. The cloth lining within the nest represents how our home, what we know, can act as a security blanket, even if we are somewhat trapped within it. The glass protruding from the nest represents myself- it's jagged edges representing that our home lives can mold us, but it's clearness representing that ultimately we decide what we choose to reflect as people. The glass protrudes out in many directions because, when first leaving, I had no idea where I would end up, but  I was certain I wanted to break free.

In Process Photo:



Inspiration:


Stay Together for The Kids by Blink 182
Source: 
Lyrics found on Google 


 Nest 736 by Phil Lichtenhan
Source:
 https://www.lanninggallery.com/artist-directory/sculpture-artists/phil-lichtenhan



Leaving The Nest by Nolan Davis 
Source:
https://hellopoetry.com/poem/1809623/leaving-the-nest/


No comments:

Post a Comment

3D to 2D Assignment

"In Bloom" 3D mask converted into 2D Collage        For my 3D to 2D project, I took my favorite photo of my mas...